The Dallas Cowboys (4-9) are against the San Francisco 49ers (5-8) on Sunday, December 20, 2020. The game has an over/under of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 14, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
49ers vs. Cowboys Odds
|49ers (-2.5)||Over (45.5)||49ers 27 Cowboys 23|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
49ers Betting Insights
- San Francisco is just 5-8 against the spread.
- The 49ers are just 2-4 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Just seven of San Francisco’s 13 games this year have gone over the point total (46.2% of its outings).
- The average points per game output for the 49ers this season, 23.1, is 7.7 fewer than the 30.8 the Cowboys have given up in each contest.
- In games where San Francisco score at least 23.1 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- When the Dallas defense allows 30.8 points or fewer this year, the Cowboys have pieced together a 2-4 overall record and a 3-3 record against the spread.
- San Francisco’s record against the spread in away games this year is 4-2, and its record on the road overall is 4-2.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Cowboys Betting Insights
- Dallas has compiled a losing 3-10 record against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys have a losing ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Seven Dallas’ 13 games this year have gone over the point total (53.8% of its outings).
- The Cowboys average points scored this season (22.9) and the 49ers points allowed (23.9) are within one point of each other.
- Dallas is 4-2 overall and 2-4 against the spread when they score at least 22.9 points this season.
- When San Francisco allows opposing offenses to put 23.9 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- Dallas has just a 1-5 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-4 overall in home games.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|49ers||23.1 (20)||23.9 (14)||47|
|Cowboys||22.9 (21)||30.8 (32)||53.7|
49ers Players to Watch
- Nick Mullens leads the team with 2,218 passing yards (246.4 yards per game) and has a 65.5% completion percentage this year (190-of-290) while throwing 10 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in nine games.
- Raheem Mostert has rushed for a team-leading 453 yards on 90 carries (64.7 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in seven games. He also averages 22.3 receiving yards per game, grabbing 16 passes for 156 yards and one touchdown.
- In 13 games in 2020, Jerick McKinnon has rushed for 315 yards on 80 carries (24.2 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns. McKinnon also figures in the passing game, catching 27 passes for 197 (15.2 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- This season, Brandon Aiyuk has 50 catches (on 81 targets) to lead the team with 660 yards (55.0 per game) with four touchdowns in 12 games.
- Kendrick Bourne’s statline this year shows 39 grabs for 489 yards and one touchdown over 13 games. He averages 37.6 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 63 times.
- Over eight games in 2020, Deebo Samuel has caught 33 passes on 44 targets for 391 yards and one touchdown, averaging 48.9 receiving yards per game.
- Kerry Hyder has 7.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 8.0 TFL and 42 tackles over 13 games.
- Fred Warner has racked up 98 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions to lead the team in tackles so far in 13 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- Jason Verrett has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 45 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended 11 in games this season.
Cowboys Players to Watch
- This year, Andy Dalton has recorded 1,340 passing yards (148.9 yards per game) while going 146-for-223 (65.5% completion percentage) and throwing nine touchdowns and six interceptions in nine games.
- Ezekiel Elliott has racked up a team-high 832 rushing yards (64.0 yards per game) and scored five touchdowns in 13 games. He has tacked on 45 catches for 285 yards (21.9 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Tony Pollard leads the team with 339 rushing yards on 75 carries (26.1 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground over the course of 13 games in 2020.
- Amari Cooper has been targeted 112 times and has 80 catches to lead the team with 942 yards (72.5 ypg) while scoring five touchdowns in 13 games this season.
- CeeDee Lamb has also tacked on 61 catches for 742 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games this year. He has been targeted 90 times and puts up 57.1 receiving yards per game.
- Michael Gallup has collected 647 yards on 46 passes with two touchdowns in 2020, averaging 49.8 yards per game on 85 targets in 13 contests.
- Aldon Smith has 5.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 5.0 TFL and 47 tackles over 13 games.
- In 13 games over the 2020 campaign, Jaylon Smith has totaled 124 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Darian Thompson leads the team with one interception and has added 36 tackles and one pass defended 13 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from