A pair of the NBA’s top scorers hit the court when Jaylen Brown (14th, 26.0 PPG) and the Boston Celtics (13-12) host Nikola Jokic (eighth, 26.5 PPG) and the Denver Nuggets (15-11) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The Celtics are 3-point favorites. The matchup has an over/under of 221.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 16, 2021, 7:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Nuggets Betting Odds
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Injury Report as of February 16
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Daniel Theis: Day To Day (Finger)
Greg Whittington: Out (Knee),
Monte Morris: Day To Day (Shoulder),
Will Barton: Out (Personal),
Gary Harris: Out (Left Adductor),
Paul Millsap: Out (Knee),
PJ Dozier: Out (Hamstring)
|Spread Pick||Nuggets (+3)|
|Total Pick||Over (221.5)|
|Prediction||Celtics 112, Nuggets 111|
The model and DraftKings both have the Celtics taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (0.3 points). Lean towards taking the Nuggets.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (223.2 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (221.5 points).
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Brown’s points prop total for the game is set at 22.5, 3.5 points lower than his season average of 26.0.
- Tristan Thompson’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 8.5 rebounds, 0.3 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.2.
- Jayson Tatum’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.7 shots greater than his season average of 2.8.
- Marcus Smart’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
Nuggets Key Players
|Michael Porter Jr.||16||14.5||6.0||0.9||1.1||1.2||2.3|
Nuggets Player Props
- Jokic’s PRA prop total for the game is posted at 46.5, 0.3 less than his season average of 46.8.
- Michael Porter Jr.’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 1.2 shots greater than his season average of 2.3.
- Jokic’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- The Celtics are shooting 46.1% from the field this season, one percentage point lower than the 47.1% the Nuggets allow to opponents.
- Boston is 10-3 against the spread and 10-3 overall when it shoots better than 47.1% from the field.
- Denver is 8-3 against the spread and 10-1 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.1% from the field.
- The Nuggets are shooting 47.9% from the field, 1.1% higher than the 46.8% the Celtics’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Denver has a 7-6 record against the spread and a 9-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- This season, Boston has a 9-7 record against the spread and a 9-7 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 47.9% from the field.
- The Celtics’ 38.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Nuggets have shot from deep (36.3%).
- Boston is 11-6 against the spread and 12-5 overall when it shoots better than 36.3% from distance.
- Denver has put up a 9-6 against the spread while going 12-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 38.2% from deep.
- The Nuggets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (38%) is just 2.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Celtics are averaging (35.5%).
- Denver is 8-8 against the spread and 9-7 overall when shooting over 35.5% as a team from three-point range.
- Boston has a 9-8 ATS record and an 8-9 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 38% of its three-point attempts.
- The Celtics’ 12.6 made three-pointers per game this season are just 0.7 fewer made shots on average than the 13.3 per game the Nuggets allow.
- Denver has gone 6-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Boston makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 5-6 ATS and 5-6 straight up.
- The Nuggets make the 11th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Celtics give up the sixth-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Celtics vs Nuggets Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Nuggets AVG||Nuggets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from