During their Week 9 bye, the Philadelphia Eagles saw their grip on the top spot in the NFC East tighten. The New York Giants beat Washington 23-20. Going into Week 10, the 3-4-1 Birds have a 1.5-game lead on the NFC East (aka – the worst conference in the NFL).
On their off-week the Eagles futures odds also improved. It’s kind of the equivalent of not showing up for work and getting a promotion and a raise. The Eagles’ Super Bowl odds are now +4700 and their chances for an NFC Championship are listed at +1700.
The Eagles visit the New York Giants to start the second half of their season. Early lines from PA online sports betting apps have the Eagles as 3.5-point favorites with the the over/under at 44.5.
Eagles best of bad NFC bunch
Just how bad is the NFC East? The Eagles’ .438 winning percentage would put them in last place in the NFC West. They are the only division with three two-win teams.
DraftKings Sportsbook director of operations Johnny Avello told PlayPennsylvania he thinks it’s possible seven wins is enough to take the division crown.
Does the division’s incompetence make it harder to handicap?
“No. You just put on your suck meter. All of those teams are evaluated pretty low,” said Avello.
For further proof of how crazy 2020 is:
The Eagles have a 79% chance to win their division, while the Steelers have a 72% chance, per ESPN’s FPI.
Pittsburgh is currently 8-0. pic.twitter.com/AUu6s63WlT
— ESPN (@espn) November 9, 2020
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants odds
|Philadelphia Eagles||-3.5 (-105)||-175||O 44.5 (-110)|
|New York Giants||+3.5 (-117)||+150||U 44.5 (-110)|
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants Betting Preview
In Week 8, the Eagles faced the fading Dallas Cowboys and third-string quarterback Ben DiNucci. They trailed 9-7 at halftime but were able to overcome four turnovers by Carson Wentz to win 23-9.
The Birds have had two weeks to regroup and lick their many wounds. It’s a strong possibility offensive tackle Lane Johnson, wide receiver Alshon Jeffrey and running back Miles Sanders are available to face the Giants. The Eagles’ opponents for their remaining games currently have a combined record of 34-32. Week 12-14, they face a rough stretch of the Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, and New Orleans Saints (all are 6-2).
The Giants jumped out to a 20-3 lead by halftime in Washington but didn’t romp the rest of the way. Washington mounted a comeback and pulled within a field goal. Logan Ryan intercepted Alex Smith to preserve the 23-20 win. Smith passed for 325 yards in relief of an injured Kyle Allen but also threw three interceptions.
The Giants visited the Eagles in Week 7. The Eagles were favored by 5 points at online sportsbooks but it was a rough start for the Birds. They needed 12 fourth quarter points to pull out a 22-21 win.
Eagles vs. Giants betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Eagles are 3-5 ATS, the Giants are 6-3 ATS.
- 4 of the Eagles’ 7 game have hit the over. 3 for the Giants.
- Each of the last eight games between the Eagles and the Giants at MetLife Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Eagles and the Giants rank at the bottom of the NFL for passing yards per game. The Giants are 30th with 192.2 and the Eagles are 27th with 211.4.
- 18.7 ppg puts Giants right behind the New York Jets for lowest points-per-game.
Week 10 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an 8-team parlay
- All sport risk-free Sunday: First time users only. First Sunday of betting is risk-free. DraftKings will cover net losses on Sunday events up to $100.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $500.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
Philadelphia Eagles 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|September 1, 2020||Oct. 16 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 28 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)|
Complete Week 10 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Rich Schultz