Monday, before the final F.A. Cup Third Round contest between Stockport County and West Ham United, the draws for the following two rounds were held.
With the top five teams from the Premier League still in the tournament, there was the possibility of some interesting ties coming out of the pot, pulled by Peter Crouch. And Crouchie did not disappoint, pitting the top two teams in the English football pyramid together in the Fourth Round.
Manchester United will host Liverpool in the game of the round, with eighth-tier Chorley getting a home game with Wolverhampton.
After the draw was made, sports books around the country started to adjust their odds. Manchester City, which has Cheltenham Town in the Fourth Round, is the favorite with odds of +300. Liverpool (+500) and Manchester United (+600) are next, although one of those teams are going to be bounced out in two weeks.
Three London clubs follow: Chelsea (+800), Tottenham (+800), and defending champion Arsenal (+900).
The Fourth Round matches are scheduled to take place starting next Friday, January 22, and running through Monday, January 25, with the Fifth Round ties set for midweek of February 9-11. There are no replays this season, due to fixture congestion, so all ties must be decided with extra time and/or penalties.
Here are the draws for the next two rounds.
F.A. Cup Fourth Round Draw
(Times and dates to be determined; home team listed first)
- Cheltenham Town vs Manchester City
- Bournemouth vs Crawley Town
- Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest
- Manchester United vs Liverpool
- Southampton or Shrewsbury Town vs Arsenal
- Barnsley vs Norwich City
- Chorley vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Millwall vs Bristol City
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool
- Wycombe Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Fulham vs Burnley
- Sheffield United vs Plymouth Argyle
- Chelsea vs Luton Town
- Stockport County or West Ham United vs Doncaster Rovers
- Brentford vs Leicester City
- Everton vs Sheffield Wednesday
F.A. Cup Fifth Round Draw
- Fulham/Burnley vs Bournemouth/Crawley
- Man United/Liverpool vs Stockport/West Ham/Doncaster
- Sheffield United/Plymouth Argyle vs Millwall/Bristol City
- Chorley/Wolves vs Southampton/Shrewsbury/Arsenal
- Barnsley/Norwich vs Chelsea/Luton
- Everton/Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe/Tottenham
- Swansea/Nottingham Forest vs Cheltenham/Man City
- Brentford/Leicester vs Brighton/Blackpool