The No. 1 Gonzaga Bulldogs (24-0) are heavily favored (-18) to continue a 24-game winning streak when they host the Saint Mary’s Gaels (14-8) at 9:00 PM ET on Monday, March 8, 2021 at Orleans Arena. The contest airs on ESPN. The over/under for the matchup is set at 142.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 8, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Bulldogs taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (15.6 points). Lean towards taking the Gaels.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (144.2 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (142 points).
Prediction: Gonzaga 80, Saint Mary’s (CA) 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Bulldogs this season is 90 points, 10 more points than their implied total of 80 points in Monday’s game.
- Gonzaga has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (80) 22 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Gaels (70.5) is 8.5 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (62).
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has scored more than 62 points 13 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Gonzaga and Saint Mary’s (CA) Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 18+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Bulldogs have a 55.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 13.3% higher than the 42.1% of shots the Gaels’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when Gonzaga shoots better than 42.1% from the field, it is 24-0 overall and 10-11-2 against the spread.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)’s record is 10-9 against the spread and 14-6 overall when its opponents make more than 55.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Gaels are shooting 42.4% from the field, 0.8% higher than the 41.6% the Bulldogs’ opponents have shot this season.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 6-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall when shooting higher than 41.6% from the field.
- When opponents of Gonzaga shoot above 42.4% from the field, it is 4-7 against the spread and 12-0 overall.
- The Bulldogs are making 36% of their three-point shots this season, 1.6% higher than the 34.4% the Gaels allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Gonzaga has a 6-5-1 record against the spread and a 12-0 record overall when the team connects on more than 34.4% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 6-5 against the spread while putting together a 9-2 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 36% of their shots from three-point range.
- The Gaels are making 30.1% of their shots from three-point range, which is 2.8 percentage points fewer than the 32.9% the Bulldogs’ are averaging on the season.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 5-1 ATS and 6-1 overall when hitting more than 32.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Gonzaga has a 6-4-1 ATS record and an 11-0 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 30.1% of its three-point shots.
- When Gonzaga makes more threes than its opponents, it is 6-6-1 against the spread and 13-0 overall. When Saint Mary’s (CA) is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-8 ATS and 4-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from