The Boston Celtics (1-0) are for a Christmas Day showdown against the Brooklyn Nets (1-0), starting at 5:00 PM at TD Garden ET on ABC. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 5:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Celtics Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 24
Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee)
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Tacko Fall: Out (Eye),
Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Nets Key Players
Celtics Key Players
- The Nets made 44.5% of their shots from the field last season, which was 0.7 percentage points higher than the Celtics allowed to their opponents (43.8%).
- Brooklyn had a 27-17 record against the spread and a 24-20 straight-up record in games it shot better than 43.8% from the field.
- Boston had a 36-17-2 record against the spread and a 41-14 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 44.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Celtics’ 46% shooting percentage from the field last season was 1.2 percentage points higher than the Nets given up to their opponents (44.8%).
- Boston went 34-9-3 against the spread and 38-8 overall when it shot better than 44.8% from the field.
- When Brooklyn’s opponents shot over 46% from the field last season, it was 26-20 against the spread and 24-22 overall.
- The Nets’ 34.2% three-point shooting percentage last season was only 0.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Celtics shot from beyond the arc (33.4%).
- Brooklyn collected a 25-14 record against the spread and a 24-15 straight-up record in games last season when the team connected on more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston went 34-12-1 against the spread while putting together a 35-12 straight-up record when its opponents shot over 34.2% from downtown.
- The Celtics knocked down 35.9% of their shots from three-point distance, which was 0.4 percentage points higher than the 35.5% the Nets’ opponents averaged last season.
- Boston had a 32-10-3 ATS record and is 37-8 straight-up when the team hit more than 35.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Brooklyn had a 27-14 ATS record and a 24-17 straight-up record last season when it hit more than 35.9% of its three-point attempts.
- The Nets connected on 13.2 three-pointers per game last season, only 0.7 more makes per game than the Celtics allowed (12.5).
- Brooklyn went 28-13 against the spread and 22-19 overall when it connected on more threes than its opponents, while Boston went 14-18-3 ATS and 17-18 straight up in games when it was out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Celtics were the 12th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA a season ago, while the Nets allowed the 13th-fewest makes from deep.
Nets vs Celtics Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Celtics AVG||Celtics Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from