Unprecedented. Bizarre. Absurd.
The trio of words is an accurate description for 2020 and the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Eagles trailed by as many as 18 points going into the fourth quarter last week against the Baltimore Ravens but somehow managed to rally and come within a failed two-point conversion of tying the game. Injuries have grounded the Eagles. By the end of Week 6, the Birds had only two remaining Week 1 offensive starters still standing (Carson Wentz and Jason Kelce).
Since the NFC East is awful, the Eagles’ (1-4-1) playoff hopes remain alive. For their Thursday Night Football divisional showdown with the New York Giants, Pennsylvania online sportsbooks opening lines listed the Eagles as 6-point favorites. As of Tuesday afternoon, they were 4-point favorites with the over/under at 43.
New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles odds
|New York Giants||+4 (-110)||+180||O 43 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||-4 (-110)||-210||U 43 (-110)|
New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles Betting Preview
The Eagles showed tremendous heart in their loss to the Ravens but it wasn’t enough to get the “W” or avoid adding to their already absurd injury report.
Week 6 casualties included:
- Miles Sanders (knee, out 1-2 weeks)
- Zach Ertz (ankle, out 3-4 weeks)
- Malik Jackson (quad, out 1-2 weeks)
- Jack Driscoll (ankle, out 1-2 weeks)
Here’s a look at the Eagles offensive depth chart compared to what they started with.
The Giants (1-5) beat the Washington Football Team 20-19 to eke out their first win of the season. However, Washington had more yards (337 yards to NYG 240) and a higher time-of-possession than the Giants who have struggled on offense without running back Saquon Barkley.
New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles betting stats and info from DraftKings
- Under Doug Pederson, the Eagles are 5-0 on Thursday Night Football.
- The Eagles have won each of their last eight night games against the Giants.
- The Giants have covered the spread in each of their last eight road games against NFC opponents.
- Eight of the Eagles’ last 10 home games against the Giants have gone under the total points line.
- The Eagles are 2-4 ATS, the Giants are 3-3 ATS.
- Four of the Eagles’ six games have hit the OVER.
- Three of the Giants’ six games have hit the OVER.
Week 7 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an 8-team parlay
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same game parlay on any Week 5 and if you don’t win, get a refund up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Bet on Eagles Special: New users who bet $1 on any Eagles market will get $50 in free bets whether they win or lose. The offer starts Oct. 16 and expires on Oct. 22 at 8:20 p.m.
Philadelphia Eagles 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|June 2020||September 1, 2020||Oct. 16 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)|
Complete Week 7 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Frank Franklin II