The Northern Kentucky Norse (14-10) visit the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (11-17) in a matchup of Horizon teams at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, starting at 9:30 PM ET on Monday, March 8, 2021. The Norse are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 148.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 8, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Norse to walk away with the win, but the model spread (2.1) is 0.6 points further in their direction.
The model predicts a total 1.7 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Northern Kentucky 76, Oakland 74
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Norse’s average implied point total this season is 3.3 fewer points than their implied total in Monday’s game (71.7 implied points on average compared to 75 implied points in this game).
- Northern Kentucky has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (75) eight times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Golden Grizzlies (77.2) is 3.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (74).
- Oakland is looking to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (74) for the 17th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Northern Kentucky and Oakland Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Norse are shooting 45.1% from the field this season, 2.7 percentage points lower than the 47.8% the Golden Grizzlies allow to opponents.
- Northern Kentucky is 5-3-1 against the spread and 7-3 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 47.8% from the field.
- Oakland is 8-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 45.1% from the field.
- The Golden Grizzlies have shot at a 41.8% rate from the field this season, 3.3 percentage points fewer than the 45.1% shooting opponents of the Norse have averaged.
- Oakland is 9-2 against the spread and 8-4 overall when it shoots higher than 45.1% from the field.
- This season, Northern Kentucky has a 2-3 record against the spread and a 2-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 41.8% from the field.
- The Norse are hitting 31% of their three-point shots this season, 7.2% lower than the 38.2% the Golden Grizzlies allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Northern Kentucky has collected a 4-2 straight-up record and a 4-1 record against the spread in games when the team knocks down more than 38.2% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Oakland is 4-1 against the spread while putting together a 3-3 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 31% of their shots from three-point distance.
- The Golden Grizzlies three-point shooting percentage this season (33.4%) is two percentage points lower than opponents of the Norse are averaging (35.4%).
- Oakland is 10-2 ATS and 8-4 overall when the team hits more than 35.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Northern Kentucky has a 5-4 ATS record and a 4-6 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- The Norse knock down 7.2 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer made shots on average than the 8.6 per game the Golden Grizzlies give up.
- Oakland is 8-1 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Northern Kentucky is 3-8-1 ATS and 6-6 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from