The Pittsburgh Steelers are soaring after a 38-7 win over rival Cleveland Browns. The undefeated Steelers are 5-0 for the first time since 1978. That was the year the Black and Yellow finished 14-2 and beat the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XIII.
Some might think that the main event in Nashville is the last (ever? who knows in the year 2020) presidential debate on Thursday. NFL bettors know the real action happens a few days later on Sunday. The Steelers will face off with the one other AFC unbeaten when they visit the Tennessee Titans. This game was originally scheduled for Week 4 but a Titans’ COVID-19 outbreak moved it to Week 7.
Opening lines from the PA online sportsbooks had the Steelers as 1.5-point favorites against the Titans. By Tuesday, the line moved to 2 with the over/under set at 51.5.
Pittsburgh Steelers at Tennessee Titans odds
|Pittsburgh Steelers||-2 (-109)||-129||O 51.5 (-110)|
|Tennessee Titans||+2 (-112)||+106||U 51.5 (-110)|
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans Betting Preview
The anticipated early season divisional matchup against the Browns turned out lopsided. The Steelers led 24-7 at halftime and their defense stifled the Browns and Baker Mayfield who threw two interceptions. James Connor rushed for 101 yards and one touchdown.
Chase Claypool and Benny Snell chipped in with rushing TDs. The Steelers staunch D held the Browns to 220 total yards. However, they lost linebacker/defensive play caller Devin Bush for the year with a torn ACL.
Here’s a look at how the Steelers defense ranks after five games:
- 2nd: Yards allowed per game (285.2)
- 1st: Sacks (24)
- 2nd: Interceptions (8)
The Titans pulled out a 42-36 overtime win over the Houston Texans last week. They racked up 601 total yards of offense powered by Derrick Henry (212 YDS, 2 TDs) and Ryan Tannehill (364 YDS, 2 TDs). The Steelers defense will face a formidable Titans offense that ranks second in total yards per game (422) and points-per-game (32.8).
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Titans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last ten games after coming off overtime.
- Thirteen of the Titans’ last 14 day games have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Steelers have won 12 of their last 14 against AFC South opponents.
- The Steelers are 4-1 ATS, the Titans are 2-3 ATS.
- Three of the Steelers’ five games have hit the OVER.
- Four of the Titans’ five games have hit the OVER.
Week 7 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an 8-team parlay
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same game parlay on any Week 5 and if you don’t win, get a refund up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Bet on Eagles Special: New users who bet $1 on any Eagles market will get $50 in free bets whether they win or lose. The offer starts Oct. 16 and expires on Oct. 22 at 8:20 p.m.
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|June 2020||September 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Prior to Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Prior to Week 7)|
Complete Week 7 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Keith Srakocic