Island Resort & Casino, located just outside of Escanaba in Michigan’s scenic Upper Peninsula, home of the award-winning Sweetgrass and Sage Run golf courses, will now be able to add Sportsbook entertainment to their golf vacations. TwinSpires, the official online wagering site for Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby, announced its official partnership with the resort in January.
Through TwinSpires, golfers can now add to their gaming experience by betting on their favorite sports including the PGA Tour, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS and many more at one of the convenient 14 kiosks located in T.McC’s Sports Bar. TwinSpires Sportsbook offers different betting options: straight bets, parlay bets, teaser bets, live bets, futures, and proposition bets.
Golfers looking to escape and combine the best in golf and sports betting should look to make a golf trip around one of sports major events during the spring, summer or fall, like the PGA Championship in May, US Open and NBA Finals in June, Open Championship in August, Ryder Cup and College/NFL Football in September and October.
Speaking of the golf, designed by Paul Albanese, Sweetgrass, features an open layout with some of the game’s most fun greens to putt (Redan, Biarritz, Island, and Double-Green), as well as some wonderful strategic holes including the famous island green No. 15 (pictured above), and spectacular finishing Par-5 holes on each side. The course, which plays host to the Symetra Tour’s Island Resort Championship, is ranked among Golfweek’s Best Courses, and has been recognized by GOLF Magazine and Golf Digest as a Best in State selection.
Sage Run, also designed by Albanese, offers a contrasting style from its sister course. The course, which was listed among Golf Digest’s prestigious list of Best New Courses in 2019, meanders through beautiful Upper Peninsula hardwoods, open vistas, and a very dramatic ridge offering a scenic variety of shots creating a fun thrill ride for golfers. The course plays host annually to some of the top collegiate players with The Island Resort Collegiate at Sage Run.
The growing popularity of golf and gaming at Island Resort has driven the need for a $30 million expansion that will be completed Winter 2021. The renovation includes more than 100 new hotel rooms that will be connected to the south end of the current 11-story Palm Tower, a high-end dining venue and convention space are also planned for the top floor, and a new swimming pool featuring water park attractions.
Cover Image Via Instagram
- TRAVEL: World-Class Course Designer Pizá Golf Comes to the U.S. – March 8, 2021
- TRENDING: Island Resort & Casino (MI) Now Home to TwinSpires Sportsbook – March 8, 2021
- STYLE: PGA TOUR Winner Danny Lee Partners with Original Penguin Golf – March 8, 2021
- TRENDING: Troon Partners with Shot Scope – March 3, 2021
- BREAKING: Lexi Thompson Joins Team Club Champion – March 3, 2021
- EQUIPMENT: Honma T//World GS Lineup to Help Golfers Gain Speed – March 2, 2021
- STYLE: adidas Golf’s Go-To Collection Shapes the Future of Golf – March 2, 2021
- BREAKING: LPGA Partners with WHOOP to Unlock Human Performance – March 1, 2021
- TRAVEL: Gull Lake View (MI) Named National Golf Course of the Year – March 1, 2021
- EQUIPMENT: Putting Precision with Swing Align’s Goal Post Training Aid – February 24, 2021
View All Posts