That said, keno has gained popularity in recent years. Once you’ve played it for a while, you’ll realize what I’m talking about and why it is so popular among players.
So, if you’re interested in playing keno, I want to help you out by discussing the most commonly drawn numbers in the game.
I’ll tell you all about how the numbers work and whether certain numbers are more likely to win than others. Let’s get started!
How Do Numbers Work in Keno?
First and foremost, what you need to understand about keno is that this is a game of luck. This means that it’s the same as most casino games — there’s not much you can do to beat it.
You can do things to increase your chances, but you can never have an assured win.
What’s more, the game has a huge house edge — usually between 20% and 50%. However, that doesn’t matter much in keno. The main goal here is to strike big, just like in lotto, bingo, and other similar, number-based games.
In essence, it won’t matter how many times you lose, as long as you strike big once and make a considerable profit.
- The goal is to increase your chances of hitting it big, and one way to do this is to understand how the numbers work in this game.
Unfortunately, if you thought there’s such a thing as ‘hot numbers‘, I have to disappoint you — they do not exist.
All of the numbers have an equal chance of being drawn. If you were to look at the actual odds of each number hitting, you’d see that they are quite similar, down to a fraction of a percent.
- For instance, in New Zealand, the most frequent number is 54, drawn in 24.38% of cases. The next most common number is 66, with a chance of 24.25%. The chances of the following few numbers being drawn are all in the 0.1% range.
The difference is so small that there’s not much point in looking at the percentages and trying to choose the numbers that come up most often.
As if that weren’t enough, you need to consider that these percentages differ from place to place, and they are entirely random. That’s because keno games in online casinos use something called a random number generator.
This is a piece of code that exists in all luck-based games, and it ensures that whatever happens in the game is entirely random. In other words, random number generators guarantee that all casino games are fair.
A typical keno game will show you which numbers have hit the most in the last couple of rounds. Many players opt to choose these numbers or use cold numbers that haven’t come out in the previous few games, hoping that they finally will.
Naturally, you can do either, as both offer equal chances of winning, so this strategy won’t help you a lot.
So, if all of this is indeed the case, what can you do to win?
How to Actually Win Keno
To win at keno, you need to follow some essential tips and strategies, not dependent on the numbers you pick. Here’s what you should do:
- Always play the keno variant with the lowest house edge. I don’t want to limit you to a single variant, so it’s best to stick with keno variants where the house edge ranges between 20% and 35%.
As there are keno games with house edges as high as 70%, you can understand the importance of choosing the games with the lowest edge and highest chance of winning.
- It’s good to split your bankroll across numerous tickets, as that will always increase your chances of winning.
- Avoid progressive keno games. They sound great because the jackpot increases over time, but that very jackpot accumulates from your money. The house edge in these games is even higher than usual to collect enough money for the jackpot.
- The variants with the least numbers you need to choose mathematically offer the highest chances of winning.
It’s thus more advisable to play six-spot keno than the ten-spot variant.
- Choose the variants with the bonus ball. The bonus ball goes by different names across keno games, but it always pays a lot if you land it, which is why it’s much better to play a game that has it than one that doesn’t.
- You must have enough discipline to stop playing when you win big, no matter the exact amount. As long as it’s bigger than usual, you should stop playing. The house edge can ruin you if you don’t.
The probability of winning big is very low, so if you win once, the chances of winning big once more in the next couple of rounds are practically zero.
- There are no hidden patterns in keno. The game is entirely random.
So don’t go about finding patterns or using surefire strategies players talk about online or in real life.
Even though percentages don’t mean much in keno, there are still some things you can do to increase your chances.
If you genuinely enjoy playing keno, the explanations I’ve given you here, coupled with a few tips and strategies you need to use, will be more than enough to start playing keno.
You’re bound to have fun, and who knows, you might even win big.